WE DIG IT WHEN THE EARTH IS RENEWED AND NURTURED
Sustainability is at our core.
The products we carry reflect that, but we also look to go eco-friendly wherever and whenever we can. We’re always looking to reduce our carbon footprint while upping our positive environmental impact too.
Some interesting facts about us & The Marketplace.
- We’re Alameda’s Only Certified Green Grocery Store
- We Produce the least amount of waste of any grocer in Alameda
- We are the number one producer of organic waste in Alameda (Not that we like to waste anything, it just means, we keep the most compostable goods out of the landfills)
- 100% of our power is derived from renewable resources
- Our restrooms conserve on average 400 gallons of water a day compared to comparable bathrooms using conventional plumbing
- For the past 12+ years we have recycled all of our packing peanuts. By weight, it totals the equivalent of a fully-grown elephant
As this site grows, we’ll use this space to offer more about what we do, but also more about what you can do too